EU urges for immediate release of the deputy head of the Mejlis Umerov
European Union has declared loyalty to the policy of non-recognition of illegal annexation of Crimea
The forced detention in psychiatric hospital and conducting psychiatric examination of the deputy chairman of the Mejlis Ilmi Umerov against whom a criminal case was opened for "separatism" in May 2016, is a flagrant violation of international human rights standards. This is said in the statement of the EU Delegation Press Secretary in Ukraine, published on Facebook.
"We call for his (Umerov - Ed.) immediate release. Taking into account the serious concerns about the state of his health, emergency adequate medical care should be provided.", - Said in a statement.
As noted, the European Union has repeatedly stressed the deterioration of the human rights situation in the Crimea and Sevastopol since their illegal annexation by the Russian Federation. On the rights of the Crimean Tatars was committed serious attack as a result of the banning of the Mejlis, the Crimean Tatar self-government, and announcement of it as "extremist organization".
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko, Stoltenberg to meet in Brussels on October 20 18 October, 21:47
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars