EU: Ukrainian Parliament adopts law to transfer financial assistance
According to European Counsil, bill conforms to EU legislation
The EU calls on the Ukrainian Parliament to adopt the bill on the National Commission on energy and utilities (NCEU) without delays, which approval is necessary to transfer the assistance worth €600 million. This was written in a letter of EU Ambassador in Ukraine Jan Tombinski to the Parliament chairman Andriy Parubiy, reports Evropeyskaya pravda.
"The final approval of the bill is one of the very few commitments not made by Ukraine for the transfer of the macro-financial assistance amounting to €600 million... I ask you to make every effort to adopt this law," - addressed Tombinski to Parubiy.
The Ambassador stressed that the bill "corresponds to Ukraine's international obligations under the Energy Community."
"It needs to be adopted as a priority right now, because the current situation clearly denies these requirements", - reads the letter.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars