EU-Ukraine summit to take place in May
The prority topic will be the implementation of EU-Ukraine free trade area
EU-Ukraine summit is slated for May 2016. UNIAN reported this with a reference to Dirk Schuebel, Head of Division for bilateral relations with the Eastern Partnership countries in the European External Action Service.
Schuebel made the statement during the meeting of the EU-Ukraine Association Committee that took place in Brussels on January 26.
Speaking about the agenda of the event, the diplomat marked the priority of implementation of the free trade area between the EU and Ukraine.
“Opening of EU markets to Ukraine was very important move, which included many programs to conduct reforms, connected with the economy and trade. If these programs are implemented (and that, undoubtedly, means a lot of hard work), it will provide more safety and stability for investors”, he said.
The free trade area between Ukraine and the EU came into force on January 1, as foreseen by the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars