EU to restart trilateral gas talks with Ukraine and Russia
European politician also noted Ukraine's progress in reforming of energy sector
Trilateral gas talks offer a unique opportunity for Kiev, Brussels and Moscow. Vice-President of the European Commission (EC) on Energy Union Maros Sevcovic wrote this on the official website of the European Union Delegation to Ukraine on Facebook.
"We want to restart the successful format of trilateral gas talks with Ukraine, Russia and the European Commission. This format has proved its favor in the past. Russia as an exporter, Ukraine as a transit country and the EU as a major importer have a common interest of predictability. In this regard, I also look forward to meeting with the Russian authorities in the coming weeks", said Sevcovic.
European politician also noted Ukraine's progress in reforming the energy sector and, in particular, welcomed the decision of the Ukrainian government regarding the functional division of Naftogaz.
"It is extremely important in the coming months to quickly and consistently implement this decision. If Ukraine is going to be able to raise their level of energy efficiency to the EU average, and the achieved savings will be larger than the energy consumption in Spain throughout the year, Ukraine could even become energy exporter", the Representative of the EC stressed.
Recall that earlier Ukraine's Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman and Maros Sevcovic agreed to increase Ukraine's gas transmit potencial.
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars