EU to assist Ukraine in reforming the civil service - Tombiński
Ukraine's new law on public service is a prerequisite for European financial assistance
The European Union will provide assistance to Ukraine, including to some financial aid to reform of the civil service.
"The EU has been providing and can provide an assistance to put the new service on its feet again," said the head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine Jan Tombiński before the start of the round table, devoted to the reform of the civil service, Interfax.
Tombinski also noted that the EU will provide assistance provided only if a new law on public service is adopted. The directions of the planned reforms, the tasks and strategies of the public services need to be clearly visible, he added. The head of the delegation also reminded that the adoption of a new law on public service is a prerequisite for financial assistance from the EU to Ukraine, and one of the conditions of macro-financial assistance to Ukraine.
It its turn, Ukrainian side noted that the draft law on civil service was adopted in the first reading and is finalized for being adopted in the second reading too. The authors and interested members will insist on reviewing and introducing this bill on November 5.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars