EU to allocate 90 mln EUR to support Ukrainian decentralization projects
EU to send its expert groups to train Ukrainian loacal authorities to deal with their new obligations
Commissioner for Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn during his meeting with Ukrainian Minister of Regional Development Hennadiy Zubkov stated that European Union is ready to give Ukraine 90 mln EUR to cover the decentralization projects. As stated the press office of the Ministry Johannes Hahn emphasized on the urgent need to establish cooperation between Ukrainian and European experts who will determine the specific projects.
These expert groups to provide technical assistance through training of local authorities. They will also coordinate training of newly elected MPs and civil servants about their new powers.
“Ukraine expects that European partners to provide the informational and expert support of the process of amending the Constitution of Ukraine. Currently we are preparing an important package of legislation on decentralization in 22 spheres, and especially the basic law on government, prefects, administrations, land relations, tax and budget legislation, social standards, administrative services, local police,” said Minister of Regional Development.
Commissioner Hahn also met with Prime Minister Yatsenyuk and Minister of Finance Natalia Yaresko. He also joined the Yalta European Strategy (YES) Annual Meeting.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case