EU to allocate 16 million euro for Ukraine to fight corruption
Denmark provides funding for anti-corruption offices
The European Union decided to allocate 16 million euros for anti-corruption offices in Ukraine. European Commissioner for European Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn said this during the meeting with the anti-corruption offices of Ukraine. Ukrayinski novyny reports this.
"EU made a decision to allocate about 16 million euros in the framework of the new initiative to fight corruption", he said.
Hahn stressed that the funding is provided through the Danish government to support the anti-corruption offices in Ukraine.
According to the Ukrainian Parliament press service, the total budget of the assistance is 16.34 million euros. EU allocates 15 million, and the rest sum is from Danish government.
The funding will go to Ukrainian Parliament, nongovernmental organizations and media to fight corruption in the country.
Recall that Johannes Hahn visits Ukraine on September 14-16. He participated in the launching of the Ulead project in Vinnytsya and in the YES-2016 conference in Kyiv.
The EU Commissioner also said that the issue of providing the visa-free regime with the European Union for Ukraine is on its final stage of processing.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars