EU must not forget about Ukraine - European Parliament
European Parliament member believes Russia wants to distract attention from Ukraine in order that the conflict in Donbas remained frozen
European Union should not forget about Ukraine due to refugee crisis and fight against terrorism as well as let Russia to "continue its way", the member of European Parliament Charles Tannock from European Conservatives and Reformists Group claimed at Parliament`s plenary session on Wednesday, October 14, Unian reports.
He expressed concern that Russia wants to use its participation in the talks on Syria in order to divert attention from the situation in Ukraine.
"We in Europe should be aware of this, and not let the pressure of migration and the fight against terrorism in the Middle East to distract our attention [from Ukraine - ed.] and allow Russia to continue its way in Ukraine", - he stressed.
In his opinion, Russia wants to add the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics to the list of “frozen conflicts”.
"Mr. Putin is also trying to undermine the Ukrainian economy with projects such as Nord Stream. Due to lack of ability to force Ukraine, Putin turned to more traditional tactics of the KGB, trying to possess Ukraine by political means," Tannock suggested.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars