EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia
Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers is planned on Monday
The EU is ready to discuss its actions in response to the deterioration of the situation in Aleppo next week, writes The Wall Street Journal citing European diplomats.
The two sides noted that the meeting at the level of the EU Foreign Ministers will be held on Monday, 17 October. They stress that the specific decisions on sanctions are not expected. But if the bombing of Aleppo continues and the situation continues to deteriorate, the question of sanctions at the meeting will be given a "serious consideration".
Currently, the EU Sanctions list includes more than 200 individuals and 70 companies from Russia.
Group of diplomats called on Wednesday for tougher sanctions against Russia and an increase in military aid to Ukraine. The former head of NATO and a member of the group, Anders Fogh Rasmussen proposed to extend the sanctions imposed on Russia over the situation in Ukraine not for the usual 6 months, but for a year.
EU leaders to discuss relations with Russia 26 September, 21:23
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas