EU is ready for the free trade zone with Ukraine
The free trade zone with Ukraine to be established January 1, 2016
"The EU has informed about its commitment to establish the free trade zone with Ukraine on 1 January 2016. And now, there are no obstacles. Let us start from the new year!" wrote President Poroshenko on his Twitter page. A spokesman of Ukraine's President Svyatoslav Tseholko also wrote in his Twitter: "We have just received a note from the European Council on the completion of all the procedures for starting Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) with Ukraine. We start January 1".
As was reported before, Council of the European Union planned the review of tripartite consultations with Ukraine and Russia as one of the themes of the meeting of foreign ministers of EU member states on November 27. This refers to advice about Moscow's reservations on the entry into force of the free trade zone between Kyiv and Brussels.
The idea is to open opportunities for consultation in the area of free trade, which is strongly opposed by Moscow, and in the future to use this communication channel for discussions on other topics, such as the fight against terrorism and ISIS group as a whole.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars