EU is concerned about Russian project Nord Stream-2
9 countries signed a proposal to consider this issue at the summit in December
“Yes, I can confirm that we’ve received the letter from a number of EU member countries related to the Russian project "Nord Stream-2”, - said Anna-Kaisa Itkonen, the official representative of the European Commission, during the briefing on Tuesday, reported Interfax.
"I can confirm that the Commission has received this letter, and as any other message we receive, it will be followed by the answer", - announced she.
"In terms of the content, I'm not going to comment it on. I can only confirm to you that we have received a letter. You know our position very well, and it has not changed", - said the representative of the European Commission.
This year, Gazprom, E. ON, Shell and OMV signed a memorandum of intent to the joint constructing of two strings of gas pipeline Nord Stream-2 with total capacity of 55 billion cubic meters of gas per year. These two strings will be pulled from the coast of Russia through the Baltic Sea to the German coast.
Starting Nord Stream-2 project is a part of Gazprom project of the abandonment of Ukrainian transit.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas