EU expects Ukraine to fight corruption
EU Delegation in Kyiv released respective statement on February 12
Brussels expects that the Ukrainian government demonstrates first notable results of Ukrainian reforms, in particular in the area of fighting corruption. Respective statement by the EU Delegation in Kyiv was released at Facebook on February 12.
The EU calls on authoritative bodies of Ukraine and all political forces to unite for continue walking the path of reforms. “We expect particular and persuasive results in fighting corruption” , reads the document.
The EU Delegation stressed that in this critical moment, Ukraine’s political leadership must focus on implementation of reforms. “This unity must be of priority for all political forces”, EU diplomats said in the statement.
The EU has been expressing grave concern about the recent corruption scandals in the Ukrainian government.
As 112 International reported, most recently, Ukraine's Minister of Trade and Economic Development Aivaras Abromavicius resigned, saying some government and parliament officials intentionally get in the way of reforms in the country.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case