EU encourages UN member states to support sanctions against Russia due to human rights violations in Crimea
EU: Our policy of non-recognition of annexation of Crimea remains in place
The European Union has once again expressed deep concern about the increase of military capacity and human rights violations in Crimea. Therefore, the EU encourages UN member states to support sanctions against the Russian Federation, stated the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini on behalf of the EU, informed press service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the EU.
“The European Union’s policy of non-recognition of annexation of Crimea stays in place, which takes into account limiting measures. The EU once again urges UN member states to consider such limiting measures according to the resolution of the UN General Assembly 68/262”, - Mogherini said.
The EU High Representative emphasized that the EU “finds very concerning the events around the lawsuit on the ban of Mejlis as an extremist organization”.
The EU also encouraged to release Oleg Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko detained and charged with serious violations of international law.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas