EU delayed consideration of visa-free regime as Ukraine failed to adopt laws
European Parliament would like to see the implementation of visa liberalization plan in time limit set, the chairman of EU-Ukraine Parliamentary Cooperation Committee Andriy Plenkovych told
European Parliament meeting on visa-free regime for Ukraine in the EU has been postponed due to failure of the adoption of laws by the Verkhovna Rada, the correspondent of 112 Ukraine told citing a source in the diplomatic mission.
"It was delayed for one reason only, because laws that were necessary for obtaining a visa-free regime, were not adopted by Verkhovna Rada. This is a kind of technical solution, we were told about that by the sources in our diplomatic mission. Meanwhile, at the European Parliament, where today continues Parliamentary Assembly within the cooperation of Eastern Partnership, are set up very positive,” said the reporter.
The Chairman of EU-Ukraine Parliamentary Cooperation Committee Andriy Plenkovych noted that the European Parliament would like to see that a plan for visa liberalization was implemented within established period.
"The European Parliament would like to see visa liberalization plan was implemented on time and on specified conditions. We understand that there is some delay, but we hope that tomorrow will be enough votes," he said.
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko expressed hope that Ukrainian parliament by the end of this week will adopt the remaining bills from the "visa-free package".
Noteworthy that tomorrow in the Verkhovna Rada intend to continue the consideration of anti-corruption laws from "visa-free package", which should have been passed before November 9.
In addition, for tomorrow, November 10, under the walls of the Verkhovna Rada is planned to be held a rally demanding the adoption of all necessary laws for visa-free regime.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars