EU countries demand that Kyiv assigns Vice Prime Minister for European integration
The initiative was first voiced out by Danish diplomats
At least nine EU countries demand that Ukraine assigns Vice Prime Minister for European integration. Yevropeiska Pravda, a Ukrainian information portal, reported this January 15.
According to some sources, the initiative belongs to Danish diplomats. Rikard Jozwiak, correspondent of Radio Liberty in Brussels, confirmed this information on his Twitter account (see the screenshot below).
The 9 countries might be joined by others. The signatures are being collected.
January 18 in Brussels, Foreign Ministers of EU Countries will gather on a session where, among other issues, situation in Ukraine will be discussed.
Previously, President Petro Poroshenko urged the government and the parliamentary coalition to assign the Vice Prime Minister for European integration.
In December 2014, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk also supported the initiative, offering Ukraine’s Ambassador in the EU Kostyantyn Yeliseev to take up the post. However, in July 2015, Poroshenko signed the decree on assigning Yeliseev Deputy Head of Presidential Administration.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas