EU Council to consider granting visa-free regime for Ukraine on October 11, - MFA
Visa liberalization issue for Ukraine will come in same package with Georgia and Kosovo
The Council on Justice and Home Affairs of the European Union will consider granting Ukraine visa-free regime on October 11. The Deputy Foreign Minister of Ukraine Elena Zerkal stated this.
"The issue of visa-free regime for Ukraine should be reviewed at the meeting of the EU Council on Justice and Home Affairs. It will be granted in the same package as Georgia and Kosovo. The Council will meet on October 11", Zerkal said.
Note that the head of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Andriy Paruby said that on September 29, the Foreign Affairs Committee of the European Parliament will consider the issue of visa-free regime with Ukraine, and then the European Parliament will consider this issue.
Recall, the European Parliament Committee on Legal Affairs and the Committee of the European Parliament's Foreign Affairs approved the draft decision on the liberalization of the visa regime for Ukrainian citizens.
Earlier MEP Maria Gabriel said that Ukraine has fulfilled all the necessary criteria for visa-free regime. In particular, Ukraine created three key institutions to combat corruption, launched a service for the publication of the declarations of officials, adopted the amendments to the laws on discrimination in employment on grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars