EU allocated € 3,5 mln for Ukrainian elections-related projects
Elections observations, trainings, organisation of pre-elections debates to be covered by this funds
The EU financial assistance for elections-related projects totals € 3,5 mln and is provided through several Ukrainian and international organisations, as stated by the press office of the EU Delegation to Ukraine.
"This assistance supports, for example, elections observations, trainings, involvement of civil society in electoral legislative processes, organisation of pre-elections discussions and debates, online map with possible election violations, etc. Elections related projects," according to the statement. The European Union gives its support to Ukraine at this important moment, providing financial aid for the projects launched to ensure democratic, fair and transparent elections in line with the highest standards.
Regularly scheduled local elections will take place in Ukraine on October 25, 2015; conducted a little over a year since the 2014 snap local elections, which were only held throughout parts of the country. 700 OSCE observers willcome to monitor Ukrainain elections.
OSCE observers will not monitor the elections in self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republic, scheduled for October 18, as it cannot accept the invitation of some entity that is not a member state of the OSCE.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case