EP President calls on Cyprus and Greece to ratify association agreement
24 countries of the European Union fully completed the ratification process
President of the European Parliament Martin Schulz and Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Volodymyr Hroisman called on the rest of the EU countries to ratify the Association Agreement, according to the joint statement on the anniversary of ratification of Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU.
"We look forward to full entry into force of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU on January 1, 2016 and request parliaments of the Member States which have not yet ratified, the appropriate time to complete the procedure," according to the statement. 24 countries of the European Union fully completed the ratification process. Although it was believed that this process will take more than three years.
"Today we are solidary, while Ukraine implements systemic institutional, political and economic reforms and while we work towards a peaceful resolution of the conflict in eastern Ukraine. Signposts along the way is the Association Agreement, and the European Parliament will always stand shoulder to shoulder with Parliament in the implementation of this Agreement and the reforms needed by Ukraine. They are necessary for making the European choice. This is a real opportunity to significantly improve the quality of life of ordinary Ukrainians," according to the statement.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars