Elections in Donbas are now objectively impossible, - Merkel
"We need to develop joint steps relating to reconciliation and cease-fire"
German Chancellor Angela Merkel during the briefing with Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman said that the elections in Donbas are now impossible to carry out due to objective reasons.
"We are talking (in the frame of Minsk process, - Ed.) not only about political, but also about other issues. Now the elections can not take place due to objective reasons, it's dangerous now in Donbas. We need to develop joint steps relating to reconciliation and cease-fire ", - said Merkel.
Regarding the political negotiationsshe noted that nothing has been decided for sure, so she can not give an exact answer, what will happen.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case