EC visa report on Ukraine does not guarantee free access to Europe this year
Georgia can get visa free access to the EU before Ukraine
Positive report of the European Commission on visa liberalization with Ukraine, presented in December 2015, doesn’t guarantee that Ukraine will obtain visa-free access to Europe in the current year, informs “Radio Svoboda” (“Radio Freedom”), quoting EU official.
According to a high-ranking official in the EU Council, who preferred to stay unnamed, there is an unpublished addition to the positive report of the EC in December.
“This addition should have been published with the visa report, but it was agreed between Petro Poroshenko and Johannes Hahn (Commissioner for European Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations) that it will stay an inside document of the EU, but still will have legal force”, - said the official.
He admitted that it's possible that Georgia can get visa-free regime with the EU before Ukraine does.
On February 2 President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko submitted 5 “visa-free bills” to Ukrainian Parliament, necessary to obtain visa-free access to Europe.
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case