Dutch museum received from Ukraine five stolen paintings
Now the museum collects funds for the restoration of its damaged heritage
The Westfries Museum in the Dutch city of Horn received five stolen 11 years ago and returned from Ukraine paintings. This was announced by Director of the Museum Ad Geerdink, reports AFP.
According to him, the paintings are "incredibly damaged", so now the museum gathers money for the restoration.
"After 4320 days ... yes, we counted these days ... these paintings have returned! Our heritage returned to the museum, where it supposed to be and to the city, where it should be, "- said Geerdink.
Recall, Ukraine has transferred to the Netherlands paintings on 16 September. These were found in April after the theft in Horn in 2005. Special operation to return securities lasted four months.
We are talking about the paintings of XVII-XVIII century "Peasant Wedding" of Hendrik Bogart, "Kitchen Scene" of Floris van Schooten, "Woman's World", "The Return of Iefaya" of Jacob Waben and "Nyustraat in Gorne" of Isaac Ouwater.
In total from the museum were stolen 24 paintings and jewels a total value of 10 million euros, but the whereabouts of most of the stolen works of art is still unknown.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars