Dutch MP Kees Verhoeven: I support EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
However, if the referendum in the Netherlands decides otherwise, the Parliament will not ratify the document
The MP from the lower house of the Dutch Parliament, one of the key supporters of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, said the Parliament will have to respect the voters’ will (Yevropeiska Pravda).
Verhoeven added that he personally supports the document, while most of the arguments against it are based on myths, wrong statements or assumptions.
“However, if the voters say no… well, most of MPs of the Dutch Parliament confirmed that we will have to respect their decision”, he said. “In that case, the government will have to explain to the European Council that the Netherlands don’t want to ratify the agreement anymore. And it will be a tough task for the EU what to do next”, Verhoeven concluded.
As is known, the Dutch Election Committee assigned the referendum about the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and its ratification by the Dutch Parliament on April 6, 2016. After the referendum, the European Commission is to submit the offer on the visa free regime for Ukraine.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars