Dutch government offers EU citizens to support free trade with Ukraine
The respective referendum in the Netherlands is slated for April 6, 2016
The Dutch government plans to launch a campaign to support positive voting at the forthcoming referendum. The citizens will be asked if they support the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area with Ukraine (EU-Ukraine DCFTA), the EUObserver reported.
January 7 in Amsterdam, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte who currently chairs the EU free trade with Ukraine will bring benefits both for the Netherlands and the EU.
"The people who are prone to vote “no” think it is the first step for Ukraine to join the EU. It has nothing in common with joining the bloc", Rutte noted.
According to the Premier, his entire government supports the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, which includes an agreement about bilateral free trade.
According to Dutch Foreign Minister Bert Kunders, the full-fledged implementation of the free trade agreement is in interests of his country’s security, because it will help stabilize the situation in Ukraine, which neighbors the EU.
The Dutch Electoral Council assigned the referendum on the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement for April 6, 2016. The Council stressed that participation in the referendum is not obligatory, and its results won’t make the government call off the agreement.
Previously, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko during his visit to the Netherlands said that the Ukrainian nation hopes for a wise decision of Dutch citizens at the referendum.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars