Duda signes law on decommunisation in Poland
Within year all signs of communist propaganda should disappear from public space
President of Poland Andrzej Duda on Friday signed a law banning thecommunist propaganda. It is reported by "Polish Radio".
According to the report, local authorities will have a year to remove from the public space names that honor the individuals, companies, events and dates, symbolizing communism or promote this system.
A draft law on the prohibition of communism or any other totalitarian regime propaganda by using the names of the buildings, and public facilities, was prepared by "Law and Justice" party senators. In February, the Senate adopted a legislative initiative in this regard.
According to the authors of the bill, in Poland there are around 1200-1400 titles devoted to the communist system. The law does not apply to monuments, obelisks and memorial boards.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars