Donbas may become force for progress in Ukraine, - EU representative
EU representatives compare Donbas with West Berlin
Donbas is gradually becoming a European region that can be a real engine for change in Ukraine. European Union spokesman in Ukraine David Stulik expressed such an opinion, "Interfax-Ukraine" reports.
"Mr. Ambassador and my colleagues are going to Donbas frequently, because we believe that Lugansk and Donetsk regions can become the engine of change in Ukraine. Donbas is really changing and becomes the European region now. We wished the other Ukraine regions could be like that”, he said during "Donbas Media Forum "on Friday in Mariupol.
At the same time, he stressed that the EU Delegation has made every effort to ensure that "Donbas became like West Berlin in a way, which will show the world how to live with dignity, and that the path we have chosen in this part of Ukraine, is the right one”.
Stulik also noted that the EU has prepared a program of restoration of the Donbas region designed for several million dollars, which will be financed by the European taxpayers.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case