Diplomat: Ukraine poses no migration threat for European Union
The EU has improved mechanism of customs control
The European Union has officially admitted, that Ukraine poses no migration threat to EU member states, Ambassador at large of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba informed in an interview to “Channel 5”.
“It has been official recognized Europe-wide, that Ukraine doesn’t pose a migration threat when it comes to visa liberalization in normal conditions. However, after the Europeans have witnessed, that EU borders can be crossed by hundreds of people, they intend to improve the mechanism of customs control”, - Kuleba stated.
Kuleba also commented on the information about the European Union’s intention to work out a mechanism of suspension of visa liberalization with all countries, which have no visa obligations. According to Kuleba, such a mechanism is being developed not exclusively for Ukraine, in order to allegedly sabotage the process of visa liberalization. “In reality, such mechanism will serve to temporary suspend visa liberalization in case an increasing inflow of people through European border will start to pose a serious threat to states of the Schengen area. And I emphasize – this is just a temporary suspension of visa liberalization, a temporary measure to manage the inflow of migrants”, - the diplomat explained.
Earlier, European Commissioner for Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn expressed hope, that citizens of Ukraine, Georgia and Kosovo will be able to visit EU countries without visas already in 2016.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars