Cyprus arrested 2 million euros of Ukrainian businessman - Prosecutor General
Cyprus finanally reacted Ukraine's Prosecutor's request and arrersted 2 million Euros of a former Ukrainian corrupt official
Cyprus law enforcement officers arrested 2 million euros of one of the Ukrainian businessmen. This was announced by This was announced by Deputy Prosecutor General of Ukraine Yevhen Yenin. However he didnt' specify the exact person, whose funds were arrested.
Now, a decision of the Ukrainian court is expected by the Prosecutor's office, reads their statement on their Facebook page.
"Today a key meeting of Yuriy Lutsenko with the Minister of Justice in the framework of his working visit to Cyprus is to take place. specifics: just recently Cypriots responded to our resquest and arrested at 2 million euros of one of the Ukrainian businessmen, who are waiting for the verdict of the Ukrainian court" - said Yenin.
As it was reported earlier, yesterday Lutsenko agreed on joint actions in combating corruption and money laundering during his visit to Cyprus. His press secretary Larisa Sargan informed that the meeting is to deal with the assets of former Ukrainian officials.
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case