CEC must let every Ukrainian IDP to exercise voting right - Tombinski
EP to send the observers to monitor the local elections October 25
"Together with US Ambassador Pyatt we have made a joined call to the Head of Central Election Commission (CEC) Mr. Okhendovskiy in order to get first hand information about the on-going preparation for local election," stated Head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine, Ambassador Jan Tombinski.
"It is of highest importance that CEC activities provide for proper conditions for every internally displaced person to properly exercise his/her voting right and all difficulties encountered by political parties in the registration process are addressed in a fair and transparent manner and without a delay," he claimed. The issue of organisation of elections in certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions has been also rised.
The press office of CEC also announces that European Parliament will send its observers to monitor the local elections in Ukraine on October 25.
81.8% of voters in Donetsk region (2 mln people) could not to vote in the Ukrainian presidential elections in May 2014 because of the Russian-backed militants threatening the elections, as states the Institute for Social and Economic Studies. In the parliamentary elections, in autumn 2014, former residents of Donetsk and Lugansk oblasts, and the Crimea IDPs could only vote by the nationwide multi-mandate constituency, in accordance with the party lists. All the IDPs (about 500thousand people) had no right to elect majoritarian MP from the district in which they settled down. Thus, IDPs were actually restricted in their right to express their will as voters. And once again, the issue of IDPs voting rights is in question, as the local elections are coming soon.
Some necessary amendments to the Bill of Ukraine “On Local Elections” were adopted, giving IDPs the right to vote not only in local elections in October 2015, but also in the next Parliamentary and Presidential elections.
Putin supports Vyacheslav Volodin as the parliamentary speaker 23 September, 16:17
112.international Exclusive: Georgian parliamentary elections comments 15 October, 19:30
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars