Bulgarian MEP fails to specify date of presentation of report on EU-Ukraine visa-free regime
European Parliament’s Committee on Civil Societies, Justice and Home Affairs held preliminary hearings on the issue
MEP Maria Gabriel from the European People’s Party presented results of her work in Brussels. She never specified when she would present her report at the European Parliament’s session.
The official spoke critically of Ukrainian migrants in the EU, pointing out that “the bounce rate for Ukrainians applying for visas is about 2 percent, but at the same time we see a lot of Ukrainians who illegally reside and work in the EU”.
Gabriel’s opponent, Polish MEP Michal Boni claimed it is politically important for the EU to cancel the visa regime. “It’s crucial to support the visa free regime with Ukraine. It will be important for the Ukrainian nation, for the EU’s perception; thus, we will show them we support further reforms”.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars