Brussels to stop negotiations with Moscow on EU-Ukraine DCFTA, - Malmström
Kyiv has the full EU support, the EU Trade Commissioner wrote in her letter
The EU will stop negotiations with Russia on the EU-Ukraine Free Trade Area (FTA) if the Kremlin implements trade restrictions against Ukraine in January. EU Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström wrote this in her letter to Ukraine’s Economy Minister Aivaras Abromavicius and Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin.
The copy of the letter was scanned and published at eurointegration.com.ua.
The EU Trade Commissioner stated that Russia’s demands regarding the EU-Ukraine FTA, which were voiced out during the December 21 trilateral ministerial meeting were unacceptable and non-constructive. She also condemned Moscow’s plans to limit free trade with Ukraine.
“Let me be completely clear on this: should the Russian Federation suspend the CIS FTA as envisaged, it will not be possible to reach an agreed outcome or continue this trilateral process.
From my side, I can only confirm that the EU will stand with Ukraine and will be ready to continue supporting the DCFTA implementation and the reform process linked to it”, Malmström wrote.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain