Brussels hosts preparations for EU-Ukraine Summit
The event is slated for May 19 in the Belgian capital
“Preparation works kicked off in Brussels, where the EU-Ukraine Summit is to take place on May 19. They expect Petro Poroshenko to arrive for discussion about reforms and security in Ukraine. Commenting on prospects of the EU-Ukraine visa free regime, the European Parliament noted it will most likely start working in autumn, after this issue is considered at the Parliament’s session”, said correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
Croatian MEP, Deputy Head of Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Affairs Andrej Plenkovic said his colleagues are trying hard to complete considering this issue as soon as possible. “The Committees on Foreign Affairs and Judicial Issues should consider the case, which would take at least three months. We will surely insist on the positive decision, because it’s our key political priority”, he said.
Iryna Gherashchenko, First Deputy Speaker of the Ukrainian Parliament, noted that the European Parliament will most likely assign a rapporteur on visa-free regime discussion. “We hope this discussion will be fruitful and positive for Ukraine. We once again expressed our position, saying that the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement is not subject to any further discussions. The document should stay as it is, the way we supported it. It was ratified by Ukraine and 27 EU member countries, it should start working ASAP”, she concluded.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars