Brussels defines when Ukraine gets visa-free regime with EU
Ukraine has to withdraw from visa-free regime regarding all countries, except for the EU members, in order to have a visa-free regime established with the EU
The diplomatic source reported this to UNIAN.
According to him, the EU will definitely make the decision on visa-free regime with Ukraine.
"Nobody is talking about the deliberate procrastination. But there are countries that want to have a mechanism that could be applied in case of need", the agency’s source said.
He confirmed that the Ukrainian issue will be discussed at the meeting of visa work group on June 14.
"We have not yet reached the level of the Committee of Permanent Representatives (COREPER)", the diplomat detailed.
Commenting on the information that this week COREPER failed to take a decision on Georgia, he noted that they continue the discussion of this issue. "But the suspension mechanism has to come first," he stressed.
The diplomat suggested that the work group will make the decision on visa-free regime with Ukraine till September 2016.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case