Bavaria offers to put Ukraine on the list of secure countries
If the initiative is approved, Ukrainians will be derived of the right to ask for political sanctuary in Germany
The government of federal state of Bavaria offered to put Ukraine on the list of secure countries, Reuters reported. On January 29, Horst Seehofer, Minister-President of Bavaria, sent the respective statement to the Bundesrat (government of German federal states).
The status of secure country means that in most cases, its citizens do not have the right to ask for political asylum. Bavaria offers the list of following countries to be considered secure: Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova, Bangladesh, Benin, Gambia, Georgia, India, Mali, Mongolia and Nigeria.
Bavarian State Minister Marcel Huber noted that these states are already included in the similar lists by other EU member countries.
Migration crisis in the EU emerged as military conflicts ignited in the Middle East and Africa. By the UN estimates, since the beginning of the year about 23 thousand refugees crossed the Mediterranean Sea. Last year, the number of migrants into the EU exceeded a million of people. Almost a half of those are Syrian citizens. Another large group of the migrants are Afghans. There are also many citizens of Iraq, Eritrea, Pakistan, Somalia and Nigeria among the refugees who made their way to Europe.
In October 2015, a series of protest actions against migrants and islamisation of the country took place in Czech Republic.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars