Anaconda 2016 military drills in Poland are over
Ukraine took part in exercise, along with units of other Eastern European armies
The closing ceremony took place at Nowa Deba firing range in Poland in June 17. The large-scale exercise involved units of LitPolUkrBrig, Ukraine’s airborne troops, a Hungarian mechanized brigade, and another motorized and tank battalions of Polish Armed Forces. LitPolUkrBrig’s press service reported this on Friday.
Anaconda 2016 has been the largest military exercise Poland has ever hosted, and one of the largest ones held by NATO members since the Cold War ended. Some 1,200 military and civilian servicemen from five countries took part in it.
The goal of the drills was to improve combat shakedown of various units that belong to different European armies, as well as to improve management of troops.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas