EU ambassadors to prolong diplomatic sanctions against Russia
The sanctions will stay in force at least till mid-September
Ambassadors of European Union countries agreed to prolong diplomatic sanctions against citizens of the Russian Federation due to Russian aggression in Ukraine, informed Polskie Radio.
According to Polskie Radio the sanctions will stay in force till mid-September 2016. The decision of the diplomats must be approved by Foreign Ministers of EU states either this Friday or next week.
However, the Ministers will only formally approve the decision that has already been made. Thus, Ukrainian pro-Russian political leaders and Russian military will lose the opportunity to enter the EU, and their financial assets in European banks will stay seized.
Overall the measures concern 149 people and 37 companies. In a few months the EU intends to impose economic sanction against the Russian Federation.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain