New project lanched to improve performance of Verkhovna Rada costing 1.3 mln. Euro
'Rada for Europe' Project was launched today in the building of the Ukrainian parliament together with the European Union and the United Nations Organization
A new project was launched today in the building of the Ukrainian parliament together with the European Union and the United Nations Organization.
The Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Andriy Parubiy signed the Letter of Intent between Ukraine, EU representative in Ukraine and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). In the frameworks of the Project the Verkhovna Rada is planned to become a model governmental institution and the motive force for further reforms.
Jan Tombinski, the EU Ambassador to Ukraine, stressed that it is a very important project aiming to support the Verkhovna Rada in it's efforts to reform internal structures and to improve the quality of Ukrainian lawmaking practice.
New Rada for Europe Project shall enhance the process of turning the Verkhovna Rada into a modern, efficient, transparent lawmaking body with a high level of credibility, into a an institution that effectively reacts the needs of the society and is able to quickly adapt to complicated political, economic and social environment.
The budget of the project makes 1.3 million Euro.
Tombinski also added that he project shall also touch upon restructuring and improving performance of parliamentary committees, developing a system for categorizing of priority legislation and simplifying the draft approval procedure.
For reference: The Letter of Intent does not imply any legal or financial responsibilities. Any further cooperation under this Letter of Intent shall be performed in accordance with the current legislation and legal acts of Ukraine, European Union and United Nations Development Programme.
See also USA to assign another $142 million to reforms in Ukraine
See also Poroshenko urge Netherland parliament senators contribute to completion of Association Agreement ratification between Ukraine and EU
See also Fights in Ukraine's Parliament
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars