Ukrainian flag raised at the Daley Plaza in Chicago
The ceremony was organized by Ukrainian Congress Committee of America (UCCA), Illinois Division
Friday August 21, a ceremony of raising Ukrainian flag took place in Chicago, VIDIA. Ukrainian Congress Committee of America (UCCA), Illinois Division, traditionally hold this ceremony every year. The ceremony was attended by representatives of the City Hall, Ukrainian-American veterans and representatives of Ukrainian organizations, including Miss Ukrainian Diaspora Ulyana Fenyn.
From Saturday to Sunday, August 22-23, a festival called "Ukrainian Days" will gather people in Chicago. The event is visited annually by thousands of people who come to celebrate Ukrainian culture with music, dance, ethnic food, sports competitions, crafts and family-friendly activities.
Illinois Divisionof UCCA is to give the raised money for Ukrainian soldiers, who were injured during the Donbas war, and for the needs of their families.
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars