Ukraine to get access to very-high-resolution optical Earth-imaging satellites
The contract with Airbus Defense & Space is already signed
Ukraine has signed a contract to get online data from the very-high-resolution optical Earth-imaging satellites, as stated State Space Agency of Ukraine Oleh Uruskyi in his interview with Interfax. He said that the country has long talks with Remote sensing operators.
Thus, the contract with Airbus Defense & Space was signed. Under the contract, Ukraine will receive satellite data from the first European satellites Pleiades-1 and Pleiades in online mode. State station, which operates within the National Center for Control and Testing space Vehicles, will receive this data.
Ukraine will have an opportunity to have the direct access to six very-high-resolution optical Earth-imaging satellites.
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group responsible for defence and aerospace products and services. The division was formed in January 2014 during the corporate restructuring of European Aeronautic Defense and Space (EADS), and comprises the former Airbus Military, Astrium, and Cassidian divisions.
Prominent Ukrainian astronomer Klim Churyumov died 15 October, 20:16
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case