The most important thing is to demonstrate the result, says EU Ambassador to Ukraine Jan Tombinski
Ukraine signed a Memorandum on exchange of information in terms of corruption offenses
EU Ambassador to Ukraine Jan Tombinski took part in the signing ceremony of Memorandum between Ukrainian Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Interior and the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine.
Ukrainian Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Interior and the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine signed the memorandum to fight against corruption by opening databases. Memorandum on cooperation and exchange of information aims to consolidate efforts in the prevention, detection, suspension, investigation and disclosure of corruption.
"The purpose of this memorandum is to combine different Ukrainian institutions and provide free access to information that is important in order to effectively fight against corruption," - said EU Ambassador to Ukraine Jan Tombinski.
EU Ambassador to Ukraine underline that process of fighting against corruption is time-consuming. Those who have the tools necessary for overcoming the corruption in Ukraine have a responsibility to make their best to reach the positive results.
Tombinski also emphasized that many institutions need to be improved, but the most important thing is to demonstrate the result. He highlighted a role of journalists and NGOs in this process. Fighting and combating corruption is crucial for restore confidence and trust of those who are helping Ukraine.
Minister of Justice Pavlo Petrenko called on Fiscal Service, Ministry of Agriculture, Agency of Land Resources to open their databases in order to facilitate the investigations.
Ministry of Justice previously stated its readiness to assure the free access to the information about the owners of movable and immovable property, recommending other agencies to follow his example.
According to the last year Transperance International report, Ukraine took 142nd place between Uganda and Bangladesh.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars