More than 20 areas of cooperation discussed at the first meeting of the Committee EU-Ukraine Association
The Commettee approved the beginning of provisional application of a deep and comprehensive free trade area, scheduled on 1 January 2016
The EU side confirmed its commitment and readiness to facilitate a peaceful resolution of the situation in the east of Ukraine, based on respect for the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine.
During the meeting the sides discussed assistance in more than two dozen areas of cooperation between Ukraine and the EU, ranging from cooperation in environmental protection and education and ending dialogue in the energy and transport sectors, as reported by the press office of the Cabinet of Ministers.
The parties also approved the beginning of provisional application of a deep and comprehensive free trade area, scheduled on 1 January 2016.
The first meeting of the Committee of EU-Ukraine Association takes place in Brussels, July 13-14. Ukrainian delegation was headed by Deputy Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Director of the Government Office for European Integration Natalia Hnidyuk, the delegation of the European Union was headed by Managing Director of the European External Action Service for Europe and Central Asia Luis Felipe Fernández de la Peña.
A year ago, June 27, 2014 the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU was signed. Today an agreement is ratified by 22 European countries.
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas