Migration crisis in Europe will not affect Ukraine - Foreign Ministry
Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for Neighbourhood Policy, shares this position
Migration crisis that recently arose in the EU will not have a direct influence on the Ukraine, said Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maryaan Betsa at press briefing.
"The migration crisis is indeed one of the deepest crises in the European Union after Russian aggression. However, we do not think it will have a direct impact on the citizens of Ukraine", she said.
She noted that a similar opinion was expressed by Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for Neighbourhood Policy: "Recently, Commissioner Hahn said that this issue will have no impact on Ukraine".
"What about visa-free regime, it is separate track of cooperation between Ukraine and the EU, and the provision of a visa-free regime depends on Ukraine's implementation of certain criteria," said the representative of the Foreign Ministry.
This summer, Schengen countries toughened rules of granting visas to Ukrainians.
Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side 28 October, 20:04
Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement 28 October, 15:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case