Merkel, Hollande, Poroshenko talked on political situation in Ukraine
The Berlin meeting meant strengthening the Normandy format and resolving the Donetsk conflict
In their statements, Chancellor of Germany and President of France emphasized the need for the full implementation of the Minsk agreements, states press office of President Poroshenko. Chancellor Merkel noted that the Berlin meeting was aimed at strengthening the Normandy format and fulfillment of the Minsk agreements. "We believe that the Minsk agreements must be a foundation for the achievement of peace in Ukraine," she said.
The sides drew attention to the provisions of immediate ceasefire, withdrawal of heavy weaponry and artillery, immediate liberation of hostages, unimpeded access for the OSCE SMM to the control over the execution of the achieved agreements. The parties discussed the necessity of ensuring security for the international observers from the OSCE SMM. They emphasized on extreme danger of fake elections of October 18 and November 1 (in self-proclaimed DPR and LPR) that do not comply with the Ukrainian legislation.
Despite numerous negotiations between European leaders, Ukrainian side, and Russia, the Minsk agreements are not respected, which leads to significant losses among the civilians and the government forces.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas