European Commission allocated a 600 mln EUR loan payment to Ukraine
July 22, the European Commission has allocated the first tranche under the new program of macro-financial assistance to Ukraine
EU seeks to meet immediate financial needs faced by Ukraine. The program also aims to support the economic stabilization of the country, reports UNN with the reference to the press service of the EU Delegation in Ukraine.
In addition, macro-financial assistance package should support the Ukrainian government in implementing reforms, as indicated the representation of the EU. The areas covered by the loan are management of public finances, governance and transparency, energy sector, social security, business environment and the finance. It is stated that EU wants to help Ukraine to establish a long-term economic growth by maintaining the Ukrainian reform agenda.
“In the coming months the European Commission will allocate is 1.2 bln EUR in case of successful implementation of economic and structural reforms agreed between the EU and Ukraine. This is more than aid, increased by any other bilateral partner of Ukraine. We want to assure all Ukrainian citizens to count on full support from their European neighbors,” stated European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, Taxation and Customs Pierre Moscovici.
The total budget of the program is EUR 1.8 bln.
In addition to macro-financial assistance, the EU supports Ukraine with trade preferences, humanitarian assistance, and budget support for reforms.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain