EU disbursed 8.55 mln EUR to facilitate Ukrainian border management
The funds came as a part of micro-financial assistance program
8.55 mln EUR tranche came from European Commission as a part of micro-financial assistance program for Ukraine, states the press office of European Commission's Delegation to the country.
Deputy Head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine Thomas Frellesen said that the funds will facilitate the cross-border trade, border demarcation processes and help with e-customs system implementation.
In such a way EU contributes to cover the urgent financing needs concerning modernization of State Border Service and Fiscal Service. As stated in the EU Commission report, this is possible due to legal improvement and taking special measures of control and infrastructure modernization of the border crossings.
The program also aims to facilitate balance between safe borders and legal flow of the goods and people, taking into consideration sustainable European experience.
Postponing visa liberalization by 2017 will only complicate Ukrainian issue 29 November, 22:09
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:23Donbas: Shelling in Mariupol direction
- SOCIETY22:44Fidel Castro’s ashes were buried in Cuba
- UKRAINE TOP 22:03Germany does not recognize Crimea as Russia, - Steinmeier
- UKRAINE TOP 21:25House of People’s Deputy was attacked with rocket launcher in Kharkiv region
- UKRAINE TOP 20:32Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs is in Canada while Kniazhychi shootout is being investigated
- SOCIETY20:01Mayor and two journalists killed in gunfire in Finland
- SOCIETY19:23Gunfires in Finland: Three people killed near Russian border
- UKRAINE TOP 18:49Lutsenko personally controls investigation of five officers’ death
- SOCIETY18:13Kniazhychi residents talk about robberies by men in police uniform, - media
- SOCIETY17:27Main Christmas tree of the country arrived in Kyiv
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine