EU disbursed 8.55 mln EUR to facilitate Ukrainian border management
The funds came as a part of micro-financial assistance program
8.55 mln EUR tranche came from European Commission as a part of micro-financial assistance program for Ukraine, states the press office of European Commission's Delegation to the country.
Deputy Head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine Thomas Frellesen said that the funds will facilitate the cross-border trade, border demarcation processes and help with e-customs system implementation.
In such a way EU contributes to cover the urgent financing needs concerning modernization of State Border Service and Fiscal Service. As stated in the EU Commission report, this is possible due to legal improvement and taking special measures of control and infrastructure modernization of the border crossings.
The program also aims to facilitate balance between safe borders and legal flow of the goods and people, taking into consideration sustainable European experience.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case