EU condemns the escalation of the conflict near Mariupol, Donetsk region
European community urges to protect the civilians
EU Foreign Affairs and Security Policy spokesperson Catherine Ray during a briefing in Brussels expressed the reaction of European community for the situation in Ukraine, Interfax. “We condemn the recent escalation of the fighting, which continued that night and resulted in the death of civilians in Sartana and Krasnohorivka, - she stated adding that "all the measures to protect civilians, in full respect of international and humanitarian law" must be immediately taken.
Catherine Ray also highlighted that is utmost importance that the two sides fully observe the ceasefire.
At the same time, the representative of Federica Mogerini did not answer the question, whether this terrorist act conducted in Mariupol, means crossing the "red line", which was previously outspoken by EU.
As was reported before, during last night's militants' shelling of Sartana, Donetsk region, two civilians were killed, and six more wounded. Near 50 houses were damaged in the area. Ukraine qualified shelling of Sartana as a militants' terrorist attack; the EU has condemned the escalation of violence around Mariupol, Donetsk region.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas