EU and Ukraine agreed on a joint struggle against Russian propaganda
The aim is to train and build journalists and media actors to expose Russian broadcasting fabrications
EU foreign service and Ukraine are involving experts to help counter Russia’s anti-Western propaganda. The agreement was conducted in Brussels yesterday, as states Minister of Foreign Affairs Pavlo Klimkin. European External Action Service spokesperson Catherine Ray has also confirmed this information during the briefing in Brussels. European foreign service set up a special group to counter propaganda from the Russian Federation on the basis of the decision of the European Council and communication strategy on the "Eastern Partnership".
Earlier official Europe stated that Russia’s use and misuse of communication tools has played an important role in the dramatic political, economic, and security-related developments in the EU’s eastern neighborhood in the past 18 months.
Europe tapped the so-called Open budget line in 2015 to 2020 for targeted training and capacity building of journalists and media actors in countries such as Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas