“Britain will continue to stay shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression” – Michael Fallon
Britain is to extend its training of Ukrainian troops
In a joined briefing by UK Minister of Defense Michael Fallon and Ukrainian Minister of Defense Stepan Poltorak British official shed light on the further military cooperation between the countries.
Minister of Defense also highlighted the strong position of his country: “UK has leaded the process of sanctions implementation against Russia and financed the humanitarian and technical assistance”. Mr. Fallon claimed that UK was the first country to begin training the Ukrainian military in logistics, battlefield medicine, intelligence, infantry skills. The troops have trained 1,000 members of the Ukrainian army and national guard so far and aim to train 1,000 more by the end of the year. He said that now UK is to extend the training program in four new directions: urban combat, dealing with mines and creating stronger fortifications. UK is also to facilitate the reforms in logistics to get the equipment to the frontline and improve the efficiency of Ukrainian army.
“Britain is Ukraine’s friend. And Ukraine is the friend in need. Britain will continue to stay shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine, in the face of Russian aggression, Russian-directed insurgency, Russian inspired terrorism. The democracy of Ukraine deserves no less,- said British Minister. World will not forget Russian invasion into Crimea, and the sanctions will not be lifted until the rules of international order are not respected”.
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
No disengagement in Stanytsya Luhanska in the near future, - Poltorak 11 October, 18:42
Poltorak: 173 Ukrainian servicemen killed in Donbas since early 2016 6 October, 21:43
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars