50% of Ukrainians believe country will benefit from joining EU, - survey
Half of Ukrainian population believes that Ukraine will benefit from joining the EU, 26% think the contrary
Political analyst of “Democratic initiatives” fund Mariya Zolkina presented the results of the survey “How Ukrainians understand eurointegration: expectations of society”, informs UNIAN.
According to the survey, opinions on this matter vary regionally. People living in the western and central parts of Ukraine are optimistic about joining the European Union. 77% and 57.5% of people respectively assume that Ukraine will benefit from euro integration.
Majority of people in other macroregions supposes that joining the EU will affect the country in a negative way.
Among older Ukrainians 40% believe that the country will benefit from joining the EU, 35% think the contrary.
The survey was conducted by “Democratic initiatives” fund on Novermber 14-22, 2015 in all regions of Ukraine except Crimea and occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Participants of the survey were 2009 respondents over 18.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars