Weightlifting: Ukraine could be disqualified for a year
Doping brings problems not only to Russia
The International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) may disqualify for one year Ukraine and three other countries.
Today it became known that the doping tests for 15 athletes during the rechecking of samples from the 2008 Beijing Olympics gave a positive result. Among them are Ukrainian Natalia Davydova (bronze in the category up to 69 kg) and Olga Korobka (silver in the category over 75 kg).
According to the IWF Executive Board, the federation of the country can be disqualified for one year in the case of three or more positive doping tests from the Games in 2008 and 2012 after a cross-check.
Thus, except for Ukraine may be suspended China, Turkey and Azerbaijan.
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Boxing: Fury team changes rematch date again 24 September, 10:47
Fury: ‘Why would I fear Klitschko?’ 10 October, 15:10
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars