Vesti: 90,000 law enforcers to maintain order during Euro 2016 in France
About 2,5 million tourists are about to visit the all-Europe football competition
France is going to host some 7 million visitors this summer, and 2,5 million of them are about to watch games at stadiums all around the country while it hosts the Euro 2016. For that purpose, French police and army assigned about 90 thousand servicemen who will maintain public order during the large-scale sport events, Russian newspaper Vesti wrote.
According to Chief of security service of Ukraine’s national football team Olexandr Zahorodny, there is an additional reserve that may be used for reinforcements during the entire tournament. Since the moment of the Ukrainian squad’s arrival in France, it will be convoyed by French gendarmes all the time. Even as the team would go to the stadium for practice, a convoy of at least two police cars will convoy them.
The nationwide tightened security measures will be kept at such level till July 31. Due to that, administration of football arenas asks fans to leave the unnecessary items, especially bags, outside the stadiums.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars